Magson House, Luddendenfoot

Magson House, Luddendenfoot is situated on Magson House Road, off John Naylor Lane.

There have been several houses on the site, dating back to at least 1275.

Owners and tenants have included

The existing house was completed in 1851 by John Appleyard and still includes parts of the original house.

Subsequent owners and tenants have included

In Rev John Watson's, History & Antiquities of the Parish of Halifax in Yorkshire, published in 1775, he records inscriptions

on the building

One of the stones containing this inscription can still be seen in the grounds of the property.

Further Notes by Dave Stollery, current [2022] resident of the property:

© Malcolm Bull 2022
Revised 18:33 / 5th October 2022 / 6258

Page Ref: X561

search tips advanced search
site search by freefind