In the 18th century, Copper Street, Halifax ran between Silver Street and Swine Market, Halifax, and Crown Street to Cow Green.
All the old buildings of Hall End and the lower end of Copper Street were demolished in 1865 for the construction of the Halifax Commercial Banking Company Limited building which is now occupied by Lloyds Bank.
This is discussed in the collection of Prints by J. R. Smith.
|Property in Copper Street, Halifax|
The occupants of property in the street have included.
|Beerhouses & Pubs in Copper Street, Halifax|
Several beerhouses and public houses have been recorded in and around Copper Street, Halifax, including
See Black Bull, Halifax, Copper Street Ladies' School, Copper Street Lockup, Garrick's Head, Halifax, Glove Yard, Halifax and Vagrant Office, Halifax
Page Ref: QQ_96
|site search by freefind|