Battinson Street is at Bank Top.
The original row of 19th century houses – one part at street level [Numbers 6-9], one set back and below street level [Numbers 11-15] – were built after 1854.
The property and nearby Bethesda Primitive Methodist Chapel were built on land which was shown as a quarry in 1854.
There were 2 fields at the south side of the street – one owned by the Jowett family and the other Thorpe family [1940s, 1950s, 1960s]. Middle Lane separated the fields and gave access to The Square and Belle Vue Terrace.
The area was cleared and new housing built in the 1970s.
The street may have been named for Adam Battinson
|Property in Battinson Street|
The occupants of the properties here have included
Page Ref: KK_117
|site search by freefind|